Each year, Gates Auto Body is involved with a number of charitable organizations that give back to the local communities we service.
Gates Auto Body recently teamed with American Family Insurance, the National Auto Body Council’s Recycled Rides program and The Road Home, which helps homeless families get back on their feet, to repair a badly damaged minivan that was then donated to a family in need of reliable transportation.
Shamika White, a mother of three sons who was homeless for one year, was the recipient of the refurbished 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan.
Among the other organizations we have recently donated to are:
- Boy Scouts of America – Mohawk District: Helps young men develop character, respect, and responsibility, as well as introducing nature skills.
- Local Chambers of Commerce: Chambers of Commerce serve to protect local businesses and industry along with serving the community as a whole.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation: Money helps fund tests and research to help cure juvenile diabetes.
- March of Dimes: Helps mothers through the complications of pregnancy and researches the threats that can hinder a healthy pregnancy.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure: Helps men and women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, as well as funding research for a cure.
- United Way of Dane County: Provides volunteer support for locals. Focuses on the areas of Education, Health, and Safety.
- Ronald McDonald House: Provides a “home away from home” for families whose children are undergoing treatment at Madison area health care facilities. The House allows families to stay together during an often very difficult time.
- Rita’s Ride and Jodi Lou Lung Cancer Foundation: Rita’s Ride is an annual motorcycle ride event held in honor of Rita Crook with all proceeds going to UW Carbone Cancer Center. Rita’s Ride also partners with Jodi Lou Lung Cancer Foundation to help raise money and awareness for Lung Cancer research.