Each year, Gates Auto Body is involved with a number of charitable organizations that give back to the local communities we service.
Through the Recycled Rides program, insurance companies partner with local auto body shops to donate vehicles every year that have been declared a total loss. This nationwide, non-profit project, organized by the National Auto Body Council, repairs and donates vehicles to deserving families chosen by local community organizations.
With this program, rather than take the salvage proceeds, insurance companies donate the vehicles and a local auto body shop donates its services to repair them. Other vendors also offer parts and services. The vehicles are repaired to industry standards and meet state safety requirements.
This Veteran’s Day (November 11th, 2014) Gates Auto Body had the honor of presenting First Sergeant Timothy LaSage, who is an active duty member of the Marine Corps and an Iraq war veteran, with a 2010 Ford Escape that was donated by American Family Insurance and refurbished by Gates Auto Body. We are extremely humbled to have been a part of this special Recycled Rides project honoring a very deserving veteran!
Picture to the right.
Among the other organizations we have recently donated to are:
- American Family Children’s Hospital: Gates Auto Body has recently donated a car seat to help teach families with newborns how to properly install a car seat in their vehicle.
- Boy Scouts of America – Mohawk District: Helps young men develop character, respect, and responsibility, as well as introducing nature skills.
- Local Chambers of Commerce: Chambers of Commerce serve to protect local businesses and industry along with serving the community as a whole.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation: Money helps fund tests and research to help cure juvenile diabetes.
- March of Dimes: Helps mothers through the complications of pregnancy and researches the threats that can hinder a healthy pregnancy.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure: Helps men and women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, as well as funding research for a cure.
- United Way of Dane County: Provides volunteer support for locals. Focuses on the areas of Education, Health, and Safety.
- Ronald McDonald House: Provides a “home away from home” for families whose children are undergoing treatment at Madison area health care facilities. The House allows families to stay together during an often very difficult time.
- Rita’s Ride and Jodi Lou Lung Cancer Foundation: Rita’s Ride is an annual motorcycle ride event held in honor of Rita Crook with all proceeds going to UW Carbone Cancer Center. Rita’s Ride also partners with Jodi Lou Lung Cancer Foundation to help raise money and awareness for Lung Cancer research.