Each year, Gates Auto Body is involved with a number of charitable organizations that give back to the local communities we service.
On Monday, November 11th Gates Auto Body will be teaming up with American Family Insurance and donating a vehicle to a family who is part of the Operation Homefront Charity, which provides help to families of service members and Wounded Warriors.
Operation Homefront: provides direct services to alleviate a military family’s emergency financial burden, as well as counseling and/or recovery support. Emergency financial assistance is in the form of checks paid directly to mortgage lenders, auto mechanics, contractors, hospitals, doctors, dentists and other providers. The target population is American military personnel and/or their families who have unmet needs due to financial hardship, death, injury, or physical or mental detriment as a result of service in Iraq or Afghanistan.
Learn how you can help! http://www.operationhomefront.net/
Among the other organizations we have recently donated to are:
- American Family Children’s Hospital: Gates Auto Body has recently donated a car seat to help teach families with newborns how to properly install a car seat in their vehicle.
- Boy Scouts of America – Mohawk District: Helps young men develop character, respect, and responsibility, as well as introducing nature skills.
- Local Chambers of Commerce: Chambers of Commerce serve to protect local businesses and industry along with serving the community as a whole.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation: Money helps fund tests and research to help cure juvenile diabetes.
- March of Dimes: Helps mothers through the complications of pregnancy and researches the threats that can hinder a healthy pregnancy.
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure: Helps men and women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, as well as funding research for a cure.
- United Way of Dane County: Provides volunteer support for locals. Focuses on the areas of Education, Health, and Safety.
- Ronald McDonald House: Provides a “home away from home” for families whose children are undergoing treatment at Madison area health care facilities. The House allows families to stay together during an often very difficult time.
- Rita’s Ride and Jodi Lou Lung Cancer Foundation: Rita’s Ride is an annual motorcycle ride event held in honor of Rita Crook with all proceeds going to UW Carbone Cancer Center. Rita’s Ride also partners with Jodi Lou Lung Cancer Foundation to help raise money and awareness for Lung Cancer research.